Monday, January 25, 2010

Crying out for a move of God

Lance :: graduated, still in Ames :: civil engineering

Over Christmas break, some of the student leaders in our ministry found me before they left for the holidays. They wanted to talk, because their hearts were just burning for God to come and do something at Iowa State. We shared Scriptures and that captured what we wanted and dreamed about what God might do. A week or two later when I returned from the holidays, these guys found me again before a Sunday church service back in Ames. They were waiting with this bold declaration:

"We want to do some prayer and fasting, just set apart some time and seek the Lord for revival at Iowa State." I needed some convincing, but they had their faces set like flint (Isaiah 50:7).

So we set apart the past 21 days have been set apart to the Lord for prayer and fasting. One thing on our minds: a fresh touch, a new move, a reawakening at Iowa State. As we were drawing near the end, I was beginning to wonder if it had been time wasted. I hadn't prayed for much outside of our focus, really. Did I miss it? As the clock struck midnight going from day 20 to 21, I cried out deep in prayer. Here it was, the last day of the fast, and no proof that anything is going to happen.

The next day, I got up early to lead a 7am prayer meeting. One of the first students I ran into was Jordan, who had no knowledge of our 21 days. The first words out of his mouth:

"Lance, Revival is here. I still haven't slept, we just had an all night prayer meeting."

No comments:

Post a Comment