Sunday, February 21, 2010

Healing through Forgiveness

Andrea :: freshman :: pre-architecture

The summer before my senior year, I hurt my knee while playing in a basketball league with my high school's girls basketball team. This event lead me to go to doctors to hear that I probably have a severe case of tendinitis or possibly a torn meniscus. From there my favorite quote from a doctor came, "If you are happy we are happy." They followed that by saying I will have to change my athletic lifestyle to match with the limitations of my knee; along with, this will be something you will learn to deal with. From there it has had its up and very far downs.

Once I came back from winter break this school year, my knee started to really act up. Never before had it started hurting so much over nothing that I did. Through out the first week of school, it continually got worse. Tues, Jan 19th was the worse night. I had never experienced such physical pain. By the end of the night, I was crying on Kayla, with Ashley sitting next to me trying to comfort me. Both of them were crying and praying. The odd point that they both made was that whenever they started to pray, I would wince and experience an increase of pain.

Two days later, Jan 21, Another unique event happened. Our campus ministry worship service began when my knee became an uncontrollable pain. It progressed in pain throughout all of worship and into the message on forgiveness. After the meeting, Kellie and Ashey, who were sitting next to me, decided that they wanted to pray for me that night. after service they got a group of girls together to pray. The pain was not ceasing, so Megan went to get some people to pray for me. One of those people was Lance. He got a text telling him to ask me if there was any unforgiveness in my heart. I knew what he was talking about, he was talking about my dad. I talked in simple statements trying to be as vague as possible. I ended the day asking myself questions about the unforgiveness in my heart.

Friday came, and I received a text from Michelle wondering if we could have a girl heart to heart God talk tonight. I went to that thinking just to talk, when my knee continued to aggravate me. That night my friends started praying for me a little after eleven pm. When Ashley came in, she told me that she knew that God was going to heal my knee tonight. They had me speak out on the brokenness my dad had caused within my family. I finally forgave my dad and other members of my family completely for the pain thier actions and decisions caused. From there we just prayed and prayed. My friend Kellie placed her hands on my knee bringing intense burning pain. We all continued to pray during this. Soon God overwhelmed me with a sense of peace about every family issue that once burdened me and all pain in my knee was gone. God healed me around 4:30 AM!!! There has been no pain since, and God is using me to repair the broken relationships in my family hopefully to be used to bring them to Christ.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! We are experiencing similar things at Lee University! Check out our blog: www.outpouringoncampus.wordpress.com MORE LORD!

    ReplyDelete