Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Uneffected

Amy :: Junior :: Communications
Most of you reading this have hopefully read the post referring to the evening of Sunday the 24th.
I had four missed phone calls, 5 text messages and one voicemail when I woke up at 5:30 Monday morning to go to my prayer time. The messages ranged in times from late Sunday evening into the early morning hours of Monday. All the messages were telling me to come to the prayer room. I obviously had missed out on something. I had no idea.
When I arrived at the prayer room, I was frustrated and mad I had missed out on something I felt was unbelievable. After hearing about it I felt even more frustrated that no one got through to me. I felt lost like I didn’t know how to feel about it. While driving home I prayed to God for Passion. I wanted to have passion for what was happening on Campus and passion for spreading God’s Word.
Tuesday God convicted me of feeling I had to see to believe. I was still uneasy but was gradually accepting the fact that something amazing happened in that prayer room on Sunday night. When I was convicted I realized I had been critical in my mind of all these stories. Through all this I continued to pray for the passion because even though I somewhat believed it I still didn’t have my friends passions.
Wednesday Night I went to dinner with two Matt’s referred to in earlier posts and Megan. They were all present Sunday night and talked about how a week ago they didn’t ever think this stuff could happen. I felt the same. We talked about Charismatic Christians and in my mind I thought that is too much. I was hesitant and weary.
After leaving dinner one friend asked me why I was so quiet. I tried to explain.
I saw all of these amazing things happening on Campus, all this amazing passion people had after Sunday night. All the trust in God that went above and beyond what I thought trust was. I said the words “I feel Unaffected.” I wanted to have that passion. I was going out and telling people about God but having no passion for it.
Then between my first and second bible study of the night I got a text message telling me to be in the prayer room at 8:30. I went prayed a little and heard my friends coming up the street. They were loud. They came in laughing and shouting. They prayed over another friend who put his face to the ground praying. They prayed for another friend who got up went to the back and opened his bible. They were all laughing. I didn’t get it. Had no idea what was happening. I looked around the room with what I am sure looked like a stunned look. Then they prayed for me. Everything changed. I felt really warm almost hot. I felt like I needed to get up. And then I started screaming. I can’t explain at all what happened. I remember feeling this Joy for all the things I wanted to accomplish and do, but at the same time realized I wasn’t really needed. God didn’t need me for this but he wanted to use me. The next thing I knew I was on the floor weeping. Weeping, laughing and shaking. We all began to run around the room. Shouting bible passages, praying, preaching. One person wrote on a piece of paper. Pray for 6,000 to come to Christ in the next semester. All night long I couldn’t stop shouting 6,000 people. Unaffected are you kidding me!? We need love this Campus. And Show those 6,000 people who the Glory should go to. God is amazing. He shows up in times of doubt and frustration like a burning light. Unexpected, unbelievable, the unbelievable things in my life are now believed. But even without these amazing things, I should never be unaffected. We all should be affected. We are affected by the Grace of God. I can’t wait to see what He continues to do in my life, in others lives in the lives of Iowa State Students that don’t know God.

1 comment:

  1. This is great!!!
    God get IOWA!!! 6,000 students who desire a relationship with you JESUS!

    Thanks for the stories.
    Shout out from Columbus, Ohio and Capital University. Please pray for us, God is doing things here. Pray that He increases His pressence, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete